Equipment required for a First-Aid box or cupboard
[See Regulation 101 (3)]
- Twenty-four small sterilized dressings.
- Twelve medium size sterilized dressings.
- Twelve large size sterilized dressings.
- Twelve large size sterilized burn dressings.
- Twelve (15 gin) packets of sterilized cotton wool.
- One (200 ml) bottle of cetrimide solution (1 per cent) or a suitable antiseptic solution.
- One (200 ml) bottle of mercurochrome (2 per cent) solution in water.
- One (200 ml) bottle of sal-volatile having the dose and mode of administration indicated on the label.
- One pair of scissors.
- One roll of adhesive plaster (6 cm x 1 in).
- Two roll of adhesive plaster (2 cm. x 1 in).
- Twelve pieces of sterilized eye pads in separate sealed packets.
- A bottle containing 100 tablets (each of 325 mg.) of aspirin or any other analgesic).
- One polythene wash bottle (500 cc) for washing eyes.
- Twelve roller bandages 10 cm. wide.
- Twelve roller bandages 5 cm wide.
- Six triangular bandages.
- One tourniquet.
- A supply of suitable splints.
- Two packets of safety pins.
- Kidney tray.
- A snake-bite lancet.
- One (30 ml) bottle containing potassium permangenate crystals.
- One copy of first-aid leaflet issued by the Directorate General of Factory Advice Service and Labour Institutes, Government of India, Bombay.