- In every factory wherein more than 86[thirty women workers] are ordinarily employed there shall be provided and maintained a suitable room or rooms for the use of children under the age of six years of such women.
- Such rooms shall provide adequate accommodation, shall be adequately lighted and ventilated, shall be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition and shall be under the charge of women trained in the care of children and infants.
- The State Government may make rules -
- prescribing the location and the standards in respect of construction, accommodation; furniture and other equipment of rooms to be provided, under this section;
- requiring the provision in factories to which the section applies of additional facilities for the care of children belonging to women workers, including suitable suitable provision of facilities for washing and changing their clothing;
- requiring the provision in any factory of free milk or refreshment or both for such children;
- requiring that facilities shall be given in any factory for the mothers of such children to feed them at the necessary intervals.
86. Subs. for "Fifty women workers" by Act 94 of 1976