APPLICATION PROCEDURE, ELIGIBILITY, ETC.
FOR GRANT OF APPROVAL AS “COMPETENT PERSON”
UNDER REGULATION 2(D) OF THE DOCK WORKERS (SAFETY, HEALTH AND WELFARE) REGULATIONS, 1990.
1.APPLICATION PROCEDURE :
All applications are to be sent, in duplicate, in the prescribed format along with all enclosures to :
The Director General
Factory Advice Service and Labour Institutes
Ministry of Labour and Employment
Government of India
N.S. Mankikar Marg
Mumbai – 400 022
2.CHECKLIST OF ENCLOSURES :
Self Certified Copies of the following documents are to be submitted along with the application :
- Age proof certificate and two passport size photographs
- Certificates of qualifications claimed
- Experience Certificates, for each of the periods of experience mentioned in the application
- Valid Calibration Certificates of testing instruments
- Recent Weigh Bridge Certificates in case of dead weights
- Competency Certificates declared under the statutes mentioned at item (17) of the Application Form
The eligibility for application shall be as under:-
Less than 65 years on the date of application.
Qualification & Experience :
(A) A degree in any branch Engineering from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and having minimum seven years experience in a Department of the Central Government / State Government which deals with the administration of the Dock Workers (Safety, Health & Welfare) Act, 1986 or the Rules made thereunder, or training, education or research in a Central / State Government Department in the field of accident prevention in Industries, or in Ports.
- (i)A degree in any branch of engineering from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and having a minimum of seven years experience in a large workshop or factory of repute out of which minimum two years should be in the fields as prescribed at (iii) below:
- (ii)Diploma in any branch of engineering from a recognized Institution or equivalent qualification or pass certificate of competency 1st > years experience in a large workshop or factory of repute out of which
minimum four years should be in the fields as prescribed at (iii) below:
- (iii)(a) For lifting appliances, loose gears :
Experience in a large workshop or a testing establishment or factory of repute engaged in manufacturing or testing, examination, repair and maintenance of lifting appliances and loose gears such as hooks, shackles, slings, rings, etc. or on board the ship in a responsible capacity undertaking the job of examination, inspection, repairs and maintenance of lifting appliances and loose gears.
- (iii)(b) For wire ropes :
Experience in a factory or a large workshop of repute engaged in manufacturing or testing, examination and inspection of wire ropes in a responsible capacity.
- (iv)In addition to (B) (i), (B) (ii) and (B) (iii) above, the candidate / applicant should be conversant with the latest relevant codes of practices and test procedures.
For testing, examination and inspection of lifting appliances, gears and wire ropes, he shall be conversant with fracture mechanics and metallurgy of the materials of construction. He shall be conversant with the heat treatment / stress relieving techniques as applicable to stress bearing components and parts of lifting machinery and lifting tackles, and shall be capable of identifying defects and arriving at a reliable conclusion with regard to the safety of lifting appliances, gears and ropes.
In case of Manufacturers, desiring competency for certification of their own products, the qualification criteria mentioned in (B) above may be relaxed, provided that, the Manufacturer(s) possess a minimum of 15 years of experience, exclusively in the areas mentioned at (B) (iii) above. The procedure for application and other criteria shall, however, remain the same.
- Fresh applications for competency will be accepted until further notice.
- Application procedure, Eligibility, etc. are subject to change at the discretion of the Director General, Factory Advice Service and Labour Institutes, Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
- Incomplete applications, or applications not meeting the eligibility criteria, shall be rejected.
- The validity of the initial competency granted shall be for a period of one year only.
- Fresh applications have to be made for the purpose of Renewal of Competency (atleast 60 days before the expiry of validity) or in case of modification / change in the existing facilities, to the Director General, Factory Advice Service and Labour Institutes, Mumbai – 400 022.
- In case of any one time addition or deletion of testing facilities intended for carrying out specific testing requirements, the Competent Person shall approach the Director General, Factory Advice Service and Labour Institutes, Mumbai – 400 022, for obtaining necessary approval.
FORM OF APPLICATION FOR GRANT OF APPROVAL AS
“COMPETANT PERSON” UNDER REGULATION 2(D) OF THE DOCK WORKERS (SAFETY, HEALTH AND WELFARE) REGULATIONS, 1990.
- PERSONAL DATA
1. NAME IN FULL :
2. FATHER’S / HUSBAND’S :
NAME IN FULL
3. ADDRESS IN FULL :
4. DATE OF BIRTH :
5. NAME OF THE TESTING :
ESTABLISHMENT / ORGANISATION
(WHERE PRESENTLY EMPLOYED)
6. DESIGNATION / POST HELD :
7. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION :
(COPIES OF SUPPORTING DOCU-
MENTS TO BE ATTACHED)
8. DETAILS OF PROFESIONAL :
|Sl. No.||Name of Organisation/|
|Period of Service||Total|
|Designation/ Post Held||Area of|
9. MEMBERSHIP, IF ANY, OF :
B. TESTING ESTABLISHMENT DATA
10. REGISTERED NAME OF THE :
11. TELEPHONE NO. :
12. TELEX NO. :
13. FAX NO. :
14. DETAILS FOR FACILITIES FOR :
TESTING / EXAMINATION, ETC,
15. DETAILS OF RECENT CALIBRATION :
(COPIES TO BE ATTACHED)
(a) NAME OF THE FIRM WHERE :
CALIBRATION CARRIED OUT
(B) CERTIFICATE NO. AND DATE :
16. PURPOSE FOR WHICH COMPETENCY : TESTING,
EXAMINATION IS REQUIRED AND CERTIFICATION OF
(TICK MARK THE APPROPRIATE ITEM :
AND WRITE THE TESTING CAPACITY
APPLIED FOR )
|(i)||LIFTING APPLIANCES UNDER REGULATION 41,50,51|
|(ii)||LIFTING GEARS UNDER REGULATION 47,50,51|
|(iii)||WIRE ROPES UNDER REGULATION 48,50,51|
|(iv)||HEAT TREATMENT OF LIFTING GEARS UNDER REGULATION 49,50,51|
17. WHETHER THE APPLICANT HAS BEEN :
DECLARED AS A COMPETENT PERSON
UNDER ANY OTHER STATUTES
(TICK MARK THE APPLICABLE BOX)
(i) THE FACTORIES ACT, 1948
(ii) THE MINES ACT, 1952,
(iii) THE DOCK WORKERS (SAFETY, HEALTH & WELFARE) ACT, 1986
(IF SO, GIVE THE DETAILS THERE OF) :
18. ANY OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION :
D. FOR RENEWAL OF COMPETENCY
19. COMPETENCY CERTIFICATE NO. :
AND DATE UNDER WHICH
COMPETENCY WAS GIVEN
20. PURPOSE FOR WHICH COMPETENCY :
21. DATE UPTO WHICH COMPETENCY IS :
/ WAS VALID
22. ANY ADDITION IN TESTING :
FACILITIES AFTER THE LAST
E. DECLARATION BY THE APPLICANT
I, hereby declare that the information furnished above by me is true. Further, I undertake :undertake :
a) that, in the event of any change in the facilities either addition or deletion or my leaving the aforesaid testing establishment / organization, I will promptly inform the Director General, DGFASLI;
b) to maintain the facilities in good working order, as per manufacturer’s instructions and calibrate it periodically; and
c) to fulfill and abide by all the conditions stipulated in the certificate of competency and relevant provisions under the Dock Workers (Safety, Health and Welfare) Regulations, 1990.
Date : Signature of the Applicant
F. DECLARATION BY THE OWNER / HEAD OF THE TESTING ESTABLISHMENT/ ORGANISATION.
We ., certify that Shri. whose details are furnished above, is in our employment and I / We nominate him on behalf of the testing establishment/ organization, for the purpose of being declared as a competent person under Dock Workers (Safety, Health and Welfare) Regulations, 1990.
I / We also undertake that I / We shall :
a) notify the Director General, DGFASLI, in case the competent person leaves our employment ;
b) provide and maintain in good working order all the testing facilities at our disposal as mentioned above; and
c) notify the Director General, DGFASLI, any change in the facilities (either addition or deletion).
Further, I / We certify that the information furnished in this application is correct.
PLACE : Signature :
DATE : Designation :
* OFFICE SEAL
FOR PRINTABLE VERSION OF THE FORMCLICK HERE