Skip to main content
- When there is danger from broken or leaking containers of dangerous goods dock workers shall be evacuated from the area involved and the following steps taken before dock work is resumed:
- if the cargo produces dangerous gases or vapour:
- suitable respiratory protective equipment shall be made available for dock workers who are to remove the defective containers;
- the area shall be ventilated if necessary and tested to ensure that the concentration of gases or vapours In the atmosphere is safe for dock work;
- if the cargo is a corrosive substance-
- suitable personal protective equipment shall be made available to the dock workers engaged in the removal of damaged containers; and
- suitable absorbent or neutralizing materials shall be used in cleaning the spillage.