Skip to main content
- Before furnigated cargo such as grain is loaded or unloaded, adequate measures shall be taken to ensure that the cargo is safe to handle.
- Where caustic and corrosive substances are handled or stored, special precautions shall be taken to prevent damage to the containers and to render any spillage harmless.
- If skins, wool, hair, bones, or other animal parts have not been certified by competent authority as having been disinfected, especially against anthrax, the dock workers concerned shall be:-
- instructed about the risk of infection and the precautions to be taken;
- provided with suitable type of personal protective equipment; and
- subjected to special medical supervision.