Skip to main content
- Where any hatch beam is fitted with a permanent device for securing it in position in the hatch, that device and its corresponding fitting in the coaming shall be effectively and properly maintained.
- The beams of any hatch in use for the dock work shall, if not removed be adequately secured to prevent their displacement.
- Any sliding or rolling hatch beams supporting hatch coverings which are left In position in a partly opened hatch shall be adequately secured to prevent any horizontal movement of the hatch beams.
- Every sliding or rolling hatch beams and its guides shall be so constructed and maintained that the hatch beam is not liable to be accidentally displaced from Its guides.
- Mechanically operated hatch coverings shall, when stowed be adequately secured to prevent movement,