47. Shelters, rest-rooms and lunch-rooms
- In every factory wherein more than one hundred and fifty workers are ordinarily employed adequate and suitable shelters or rest-rooms and a suitable lunch- room, with provision for drinking water, where workers can eat meals brought by them, shall be provided and maintained for the use of the workers :
Provided that any canteen maintained in accordance with the provisions of section 46 shall be regarded as part of the requirements of this sub-section :
Provided further that where a lunch-room exists no worker shall eat any food in the work-room.
- The Shelters or rest-room or lunch-rooms and ventilated and shall be maintained in a cool and clean condition.
- The ![State] Government may -
- prescribe the standards, in respect of construction, accommodation, furniture and other equipment of shelters, rest-rooms and lunch-rooms to be provided under this section;
- by notification in the Official Gazette, exempt any factory or class or description of factories from the requirements of this section.
! Subs. for "Provincial" by the Adaptn. of Laws Orders, 1950