85. Power to apply the Act to certain premises
- The ![State] Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette,declare that all or any of the provisions of this Act shall apply to any place wherein a manufacturing process is carried on with or without the aid of power or is so ordinarily carried, on notwithstanding that :-
- the number of persons employed therein is less than ten, if working with the aid of power, and less than twenty if working without the aid of power, or
- the persons working therein are not employed by the owner thereof but are working with the permission of, or under agreement with, such owner :
Provided that the manufacturing process is not being carried on by the owner only with the aid of his family.
- After a place is so declared, it shall be deemed to be a factory for the purposes of this Act, and the owner shall be deemed to be the occupier, and any person working therein, a worker.
Explanation: For purposes of this section "owner" shall include lessee or mortgagee with possession of the premises.
! Subs. for "Provincial" by the Adaptn. of Laws Order, 1950