26. Casing of new machinery
- In all machinery driven by power and installed in any factory after the commen- cement of this Act, :-
- every set screw, bolt or key on any revolving shaft, spindle, wheel or pinion shall be so sunk, encased or otherwise effectively guarded as to prevent danger;
- all spur, worm and other toothed or friction gearing which does not require frequent adjustment while in motion shall be completely encased, unless it is so situated as to be as safe as it would be if it were completely encased.
- Whoever sells or lets on hire or, agent of a seller or hirer, causes or procures to be sold or let on hire, for use in a factory any machinery driven by power which does not comply with the provisions of 59[sub-section (1) or any rules made under sub- section (3)], shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three months or with fine which may extend to five hundred rupees or with both.
60[(3) The State Government may make rules specifying further safeguards to be provided in respect of any dangerous part of any particular machine or class or description of machines.]
59. Subs. for "sub-section )1)" by Act 25 of 1954
60. Sub-sec.(3) subs. by ibid.