7. Notice by occupier
The occupier shall, at least fifteen days before he begins to occupy or, use any premises as a factory, sent to the Chief Inspector a written notice containing -
- the name and situation of the factory;
- the name and address of the occupier;
31[(bb) the name and address of the owner of the premises or building (including the precincts thereof) referred to in section 93] ;
- that address to which communication relating to the factory may be sent;
- the nature of the manufacturing process -
(i) carried on in the factory during the last twelve months in the case of factories in existence on the date of the commencement of this Act, and
(ii) to be carried on in the factory during the next twelve months in the case of all factories;
- 32 [(e) the total rated horse power installed or to be installed in the factory, which shall not include the rated horse power of any separate stand-by plant];
- the name of the manager of the factory for the purposes of this Act;
- the number of workers likely to be employed in the factory;
- the average number of workers per day employed during the last twelve months in the case of a factory in existence on the date of the commence- ment of this Act;
- such other particulars as may be prescribed.
In respect of all establishment which come within the scope of the Act for the first time the occupier shall send a written notice to the Chief Inspector containing the particulars specified in sub-section (1) within thirty days, from the date of the commencement of this Act.
Before a factory engaged in a manufacturing process which is ordinarily carried on for less than one hundred and eighty working days in the year resumes working, the occupier shall send a written notice to the Chief Inspector contain- ing the particulars specified in sub-section (1)33[at least thirty days before the date of the commencement of the work.
Whenever a new manager is appointed, the occupier shall send to the 34[Inspector a written notice and to the Chief Inspector a copy thereof] within seven days from the date on which such person takes over charge.
During and period period for which no person has been designated as manager of a factory or during which the person designated does not manage the factory, any person found acting as manager, or if no such person is found, the occupier himself, shall be deemed to be the manager of the factory for the purposes of this Act.
31. Ins. by Act 94 of 1976
32. Cl.(e) Subs. by Act 94 of 1976
33. Subs. for "within thirdy days" by Act 40 of 1949
34. Subs. for "Chief Inspector a written notice" by Act 25 of 1954